Monday, April 10, 2017

April 10

Hello!

It has been a crazy week here in the Philippines.  I was emergency transferred here to Sta Ana Cagayan.  It was really short notice.  Friday a little before lunch time we received a call from the AP's telling us that we I was going to be transferred to Sta Ana on Sunday after general conference, and I needed to show the area to the other Elders in Lal-lo so that they could take over the area after I left.  So we spent Friday going around to the houses of members and of progressing investigators, then Saturday as well after the General Conference then Sunday afternoon I left.  It was hard to leave.  I will miss the investigators and members in Lal-lo, but I am also excited to be here in Sta. Ana.

Sta. Ana is right on the coast, and has lots of beautiful views.  There is also an island right off the coast that we're going to try and visit.  We'll see what's over there.  It looks pretty from a distance. Who knows how it is close up.  There are also lots and lots of part member families which make for great opportunities.  Hopefully we can help the branch really grow here.  We'll see what happens.  Pray for lots of success for us!

One of the highlights for me from general conference was love. There were so many stories about the need to love people first before you can really help them.  If we could always feel love for those around us, we would be so much more effective at helping them come unto Christ.  I really liked the talk from Elder S Mark Palmer.  I loved his take on the story of Christ with the rich young man, and what it means for us.

It means that just because we love someone, does not mean that we need to only say the things that they want to hear, but when we love those around us, sometimes we need to give them some tough love.  We need to tell them that they are off the path, because we want them to get back on.  If we don't invite those around us to correct their wrong actions (always in a very loving way) we do not really love them, even if we always serve and show kindness to them.  In the end the best way for us to show our love for others is to help them come unto Christ.  One quote that I really liked from Elder Palmer's talk was this, "Those who are hardest to love, need our love the most"  I really believe that.  The true measure of our charity comes when someone is difficult to love, and we do so anyway.

Thats all for this week!  I love you all!

Elder Childs

No comments:

Post a Comment