Sunday, July 9, 2017

July 9

Hello Everyone!

I sometimes feel like every week I write the same things.  If you feel that way too, sorry!  But hopefully there is at least something interesting in these little weekly updates I send out.  As for this week, it has been another great week!  As normal we've been working hard, trying to help others come closer to Christ, and as usual we have felt the Lord's hand in our work.

One family that we have been working with is the Medrano family.  They are so very very kind.  We met 2 of them once while we were finding some less actives.  They were getting a scale fixed, and we saw them and started talking to them.  They invited us to come to their home and share with them. In their family there are 4 children.  3 girls and 1 boy, but for the first couple of visits we only saw the mother, the son, and one of the daughters.  They were very kind, and showed a lot of interest in the Gospel.  This week we have gone we were finally able to meet the other two daughters, and they all listened to a message.  They are a wonderful family that really wants to do what God wants.  They have been reading the Book of Mormon and feel that it is true, but have been having a hard time making it out to church.  We would really appreciate it if you all could pray for them that they will be able to go to church, and prepare to be baptized.

My two favorite scriptures of the week are these.  First 1 Nephi 17:3

    And thus we see that the commandments of God must be fulfilled. And if it so be that the children of men keep the commandments of  God he doth nourish them, and strengthen them, and provide means whereby they can accomplish the thing which he has commanded them;

and second Alma 26:11,12

    I do not boast in my own strength, nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joy, and I will rejoice in my God. Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things;

Over the course of my mission I have tried doing the work on my own, and I have tried to do it with God's help.  Take my word for it, when we rely on God's help, he makes all things possible unto us. I have felt the strengthening power spoken of by Nephi.  I have also learned that I am nothing.  That on my own, there is little that I can do to change this big world. But with God's help, I can make a difference.  In God's strength I can do all things. So if there is anything that I would like to share with you all today, is that if you want to be successful in life.  Really truly successful, not just rich, then the easiest, fastest, and most sure way to achieve that goal is to do it in our Heavenly Father's way.  No other way will bring the same peace and happiness, and no other way will lead to eternal life.  I hope you have a wonderful week, and that you see the Lord's hand in your life.  It is there.  I promise.

Elder Childs

No comments:

Post a Comment