Thursday, September 3, 2015

August 31, 2015

Hoy Mga Tao!!!

Its a good week in the mission because I got my FLIGHT PLANS!!!!  I'm officially leaving on the third of September to go be with my people!  I can't wait!!  The only down side is that I have to leave at three in the morning haha.  But thats 5 in the afternoon Fillipino time so no worries right? Other than that it has been a pretty standard week.  Just class and then more class and then some personal comp and language study, and then some more class.  Thats about all that I can remember.  I love the MTC, but I'm so ready to just get out to the field.  The other day I was at a devotional and this poem just kinda came to  me.  Its not that great, but I like it, so maybe someone else will too!

Down this path of trials and tears
There comes a joyous ray
a ray of hope, shining through the years, 
The hope of a better day

If we look to that ray
With eyes turned to his might
We can be sure that God will guide
Our footsteps with his light

"Walk in the light though blessed child"
Our Savior wants to say,
"and guide them home, home to my love,
"the ones who've gone astray."

That is really the sum of what I've learned this week.  I know that when we look to our Lord, with real faith, real hope, he will show us the way to help others, and help ourselves at the same time.  I know that this is so true.  God guides us, and if any of you are ever feeling down, look for a way to serve someone.  Any simple thing, and when you do that, you can know that you will be lifting yourself up while you do it.

Well thats my normal jumbled mess of the week, I hop that you all have a wonderful week, and find a way to serve someone around you this week.

Mahal ko kayo!

Elder Childs

No comments:

Post a Comment