Saturday, August 22, 2015

August 22

Hoy Kaibigan ko!

This week has been a good, but sad week.  I had a lot of my really good friends leave the MTC this week, and the two very coolest elders that I've met while I've been here are now gone, so that's sad, but I'm so excited for them, and now I'm only two weeks(ish) out!  Half of my District got their travel plans this week, but for some reason the other half (me included) were put down as leaving on the 9th, even though we should leave on the 3rd.  So that was disappointing, but I talked to our branch president (who is awesome by the way) and he said that he would work it out and we would all leave on the third like we should.  So that'll be good.

The language is coming really well!  The thing that helps the most is just SYLing.  Which stands for speak your language, and that practice is what really helps.  Well that and the gift of tongues (:

To answer one of your questions, me and my roommates are good about keeping our room clean. We've gotten commendable on every inspection, so you should probably be proud (:  and for me , the real motivating factor is that I'm a missionary and the white bible says to keep it clean.  I know that the more obedient I am the more the Lord is able to bless me, so I try to keep it clean.

One super cool experience that I had this week has to do with prayer.  Me and Elder Porter were teaching a progressing investigator, and things had not really been going too well.  He had stopped keeping our commitments, and all in all could no longer really be considered a progressing investigator.  But during one of our lessons I got the prompting to just pray to know what to say in the middle of the lesson, so I said a quick prayer in my head, and then after that I felt like Heavenly Father was pouring in the revelation!  Our investigator is now moving forward nicely, and things are going smoothly again!  I know that Heavenly Father answers our prayers, and that we can all be given personal revelation in our lives.   It's so cool to see all the blessings that Heavenly Father has waiting for us, if we just reach out and ask for them.  A scripture that relates to this is 2 Nephi 33:1. Look it up.  Maybe do some studying.

I love this Gospel so much, I know its true, I love you all and have a great week!

Elder Childs







No comments:

Post a Comment