Saturday, August 15, 2015

August 15

Hey everyone!

Here are the answers to some of your questions Mom:

Where are all the people in your district from?  Everyone in my district are from Idaho, Vegas, Utah, or Arkansas.

If you had to pick one or two favorites, who would they be and why?  There is a sister in the district that really reminds me of Morgan, so obviously I like her, and Elder Porter is super awesome!  He is always so patient and willing to work with me and things that I need to do.

What is your favorite time of day in the MTC?  I love mornings.  I don't know why, but the mornings are the best (:

Have you seen a lot of people you know while in the MTC?  Yeah I see some people that I know, but we don't have a lot of time to hang out and talk.  My district is my new family (:

Is the training in the MTC about Preach My Gospel similar to Mission Prep here in our stake?  In what ways is it similar or different?  The MTC training is a lot better, because we do a lot more role plays. Teaching is the best way to learn. It's pretty nice (:

We are getting ready for a new school year and trying to figure out schedules, etc.  What would you recommend for family scripture study topics?  Based on your three weeks of study in the MTC so far...I've really enjoyed studying about the atonement and the spirit.  Those two things are always the best. They can give so much comfort to our lives.

This week a lot has been the same, and so I will make this a short blog post.  Mostly the moral of the story is that I'm coming up on two weeks till I'm in the Philippines!  I can't wait to get out there and serve those awesome people!  The language is coming along and I love my district!  They're all such cool people and I am so glad that the Lord allowed me to be put with them.  I just want to finish out with a testimony on the power of the Holy Ghost.  I know  that the Holy Ghost is there giving us guidance and direction on what we should do and how we can become better.  I have felt the Holy Ghost in a couple of ways this week.  First I know that he gives us guidance to help us with our problems.  I was praying for some answers this week and he told me what I needed to do, not in a visit from the Angel Moroni, but in simple thoughts and feelings.  The second is the comfort that you can feel.  When you're feeling down and that you've gone as far as you can go, the Holy Ghost will be there to life you up and carry you farther that you would ever be able to go on your own.  I love it. I love you guys, and have a wonderful week

Elder Childs

Me and Porter and Sherman and Olson--some of my room mates.

Me with my first zone leaders, they're pretty awesome guys! 



No comments:

Post a Comment