Saturday, August 1, 2015

August 1

Hey Everyone!

Its crazy that I'm already writing my second blog post.  I am always busy and it seems like ages since I've gotten here, but it also seems like no time at all. As I've been here I've learned a lot about a lot more than just Tagalog.  The most important thing that I've learned is that the Spirit is the most important thing in missionary work.  If I can speak Tagalog like a native, but don't have the Spirit, I will never be an effective missionary.  So this week I've focused a lot on the Spirit and finding new ways to bring it into my teaching and my life.  I love being given this opportunity to serve the Lord, because there is no way to better have the Spirit in your life. One really cool experience that testifies of that.
It was my second lesson with an investigator named Marlon, and I was teaching and didn't really know the language, so I had some things written out that I wanted to say, but when we got there, I started and the spirit told me to speak on a different topic, and so I started talking about that.  As I did, it felt as if I was being given all the words that I needed, even if it was still broken Tagalog, and I was able to understand what he meant when he responded, even though I would only catch one or two words.  I know that the spirit was helping me out and that was awesome.  I have really come to love the Holy Ghost as I've been here at the MTC.

When we strive to serve the Lord and to serve others, that is when we really grow.  Service is amazing, and we cannot reach our full potential without it.  I love you all and have a wonderful week!

Elder Childs

No comments:

Post a Comment