Sunday, November 29, 2015

November 29

Hey everyone!

Its been a good couple of weeks here, but a little bit rough as well.  I missed emailing last week because I was sick.  On Monday morning I woke up and didn't feel to hot, but we went to eco park and wandered around.  It was gorgeous, but I also didn't feel so great so that put a little bit of a damper on life.  Then when we got home I really didn't feel good, and so I just slept the whole day.  I didn't feel like I could get out of bed until 5:00, when I felt like I could go out and do some work.  We went to a couple of families, then I came home and collapsed in bed for the night.  The next day I felt even worse, so we called the mission presidents wife, and she told us that we should go to the hospital.  So we headed to Laoag for a checkup.  We spent most of the day in the waiting room of the hospital, and I grew to dislike hospitals.  But finally at the end of the day they set me up in a nice room with a nice IV, and air conditioning.  And that was where I stayed until Thursday.  So that was fun.  But I felt good at the end of it and no problems now, so that's good!  As for the rest of my week, we have been trying to figure out how to help people progress.  We have investigators, but they don't always want to follow their commitments, and yesterday, everything just felt down.  I knew that I was staying here for the next transfer, and I didn't know how I was going to help this area grow, but during my personal study the spirit taught me a few cool things.  The most important is a bout the love of Heavenly Father, and about prayer.  I realized how much Heavenly Father loves us all.  Everything that he does is to help us grow and become like him, and that really is the central message of our gospel.  And if we have this Heavenly Father who just wants to help us, why wouldn't we talk to him.  Why wouldn't we tell him how we feel.  Why wouldn't we thank him for everything that he has done for that.  That is the central message of our teaching, and that is what I should be teaching.  I know that Heavenly Father loves each and every one of us, and he wants to help us grow an become like him.  I know that through following his will for us, we can become like him, and become happy here on the earth.  I love you all!  Have a great week.

Elder Childs

P.S.  In answer to your questions, we didn't celebrate Thanksgiving.  Its not a thing here, and I completely forgot about it until everyone emailed me and asked about it haha.

This Tuesday is transfer day!  Elder Daclag is leaving, and I'm staying here.  My companion has already been here in Banna before, so I don't have to worry too much about leading.  I'm excited to meet him!

No comments:

Post a Comment