Monday, December 28, 2015

December 28

Hey everyone!

Its been a good Christmas here in the Philippines, and hopefully it
has been for you too.  Hopefully you remembered what was really
important about the Christmas season and found a way to serve someone
else.  I have found a lot of joy in serving others, and I know that
that is what Christ wants us to do.  In Mosiah King Benjamin tells us
that "When you are in the service of your fellow beings, you are only
in the service of your God"  and God will bless you for that service!
Service is a great way to be happy!

We had a pretty cool experience this week.  In our mission conference
this week, our mission president told us that we ought to focus more
on the center of our areas, close to the church.  So me and my
companion talked about that and decided to try it out.  In the past we
hadn't done that much work in the center because people are richer and
less willing to listen.  But we went and started knocking on some
doors and we found some cool new people! A lot more people were
willing to talk with us than I expected, and I definitely felt guided
by the spirit as we walked.  I know that Heavenly Father is guiding
each and every one of us as we try and follow His commandments, and do
His work. I love you all!  Have a great week, and a happy new years!

Elder Childs

No comments:

Post a Comment