Monday, May 30, 2016

May 30


Hey Everyone!!!

This week was the end of the transfer, but I've got good news!!  This next transfer I get to train, and I am super excited!!!! I was really hoping to train, but didn't think that I would be able to, because President usually calls Sunday evenings if you have a calling such as trainer, district leader, zone leader etc, and I didn't get a call. But this morning when we were playing basketball he called and asked if I was willing to train!  I'm super excited!  I will get to meet my trainee on Thursday, and I can't wait!  We're going to open an area in Gattaran, and it should be fun!  Its a pretty rural place I hear, but has a lot of pretty places!  Its the rainy season right now and in Cagayan that means that every day we get rained on.  I can't wait!

Other than that it was a pretty boring week.  That was probably the most memorable moment.  I ate some cool food though that was fun.  Its called Abul Abul, and they are tasty.  You guys should all try them!  I won't even explain.  Just look at the picture (:

One thing that has really hit me recently came from this video.  I would highly recommend watching it.  One thing that really hit me though is that what Satan wants for us it to look backwards.  To look at all of our life and say, what could I have changed here.  What could I have done different, or why didn't I do this, or that.  

But that isn't what God wants for us.  He wants us to live our life forward.  To every day, say, what am I going to do today, to become more like the Savior.  We obviously have many things to learn from our life, but no one ever got anything done from moping about yesterday.  It is important to learn from our mistakes, but what we learn means nothing if we don't ever learn to actually apply what we learn.  

I have seen a lot of people who get stuck in the past.  In things that they have done or that have been done to them, and to be honest, they are never happy.  I have also seen a lot of people who always look to what they can do, what they can change NOW, and they are the ones who are happy with their lives. 

I know that everyone who learns to apply this principle, will find happiness in their lives, and will see the Savior carry their life farther than they could ever imagine.  That they will accomplish wonders.  I hope you have a wonderful week!  Please pray for me that I will know how to help my new trainee (:

Elder Childs


Abul Abul - It's TASTY!

Me with some members.

A returning less active family that we've been working with.

I'm going to miss all of these members!





No comments:

Post a Comment