Monday, September 12, 2016

September 12

Hello!!!

I have had another really good week!!  We were a little bit busy in the office, but it was alright!  At the end of the week Brother Edwin Tesora was Baptized and confirmed, so I can't complain.  It was so fun for me to see him make that step.  It was something long awaited, and worked on by three different bishops, but now he has a strong testimony and is now geting ready to make his temple covenants and be sealed to his family for forever!!!  It was a real pleasure to witness.

Elder Nuada's birthday was on Sunday, and the bishop's wife's birthday was yesterday, so they invited the missionaries over to celebrate.  It was delicious!!!  The bishop and his wife are so awesome!  Sister Simeon (the bishops wife) has cancer right now, and has been going through chemo therapy, but despite that, she is still such a happy person and does all she can to serve. Its a great example for me.  Its so easy to turn inwards in those times of trials, but she is really turning outward.  The bishop is just the same way.  They are awesome.

Other that that we didn't have too much of an exciting week.  We were pretty busy in the office getting ready for the upcoming zone conferences, but now that's all taken care of.

I have thought a lot this week about something that some missionary sometime put into my phone.  Every time it would turn on it said, "What we love, we give time."

Since I've gotten into the office, our time is really on demand, and the scheduled hours of study are not always there.  Or even often. And at first, my studies really suffered.  But I noticed that there was a lack in my life, and when I thought about it, it was not super hard to figure out.  So I really started to make that a priority.  It wasn't always easy to find time, but I made ways, and I really saw the blessings.  I saw the guidance of the spirit, I saw personal revelation, and I saw peace.

When life gets busy, our scripture study always seems to get put at the bottom of the list.  It is always a thing that can be done "later".  Unfortunately, in the busyness of life, "later" often never comes.  But when we show God that we really do love and appreciate the scriptures that he has given us, that we value the opportunity to receive personal revelation, we will be guided more than we can imagine. So hopefully personal scripture study will be at the top priority of everyones list.  That we will schedule our life, around our time for studies, and not the other way around.  If we do that, we will see blessings.  I love you all,


Elder Childs

Brother Edwin Tesora's Baptism!


On Our Way To a Family Home Evening After the Baptism



No comments:

Post a Comment