Monday, January 11, 2016

January 11

Hey everyone!  

It's been a good week.  I love Banna, but unfortunately I will be leaving.  I am being transfered tomorrow, so I'll be heading to the city!  I just got assigned to one of the Laoag areas.  So that will be fun!  I'm sad to be leaving the country side with all of its rice, but I'm sure that the city will treat me well as well!  

This week I have been thinking a lot about the Restoration of the Gospel, and how great of a gift that was for us.  Lets just take a moment to think about it.  In one vision without anything being said, we already have learned two essential truths.  First that God DOES speak to man.  He is not silent, if men are only willing to listen.  The second that our Father in Heaven, and His Son, Jesus Christ, are two separate beings with a body of flesh and bones.  Then later, we received the priesthood, the very literal power of God here on the earth. The power to give the Gift of the Holy Ghost, the way for us to know what to do and what to say, wherever we are.  The power to heal, the power to change the course of events.  
We  received the temples with all of the blessings that go along with it.  The temple sealing.  The fact that families can be together forever, that we do not have to be alone in the eternities.  
We received the Book of Mormon.  "The most correct of any book on earth"  through which, we will get "closer to God... than [through] any other book"  The way for us to know what God wants for us in this day and time.  We received all of this along with many other blessings for our lives and families.  The price is of course very simple.  All we have to do is abide by the commandments of God, which will bring more blessings upon our heads.  I love the Restoration of the Gospel, and the fruits of that.  I know that Joseph Smith is and was a prophet, and through him, we recieved everything that we need in order to be happy in this life, and receive Eternal Life in the life to come.  I love the Gospel, and I love all of you.  Have a great week!

Elder Childs

No comments:

Post a Comment