Monday, January 18, 2016

January 17

Hey everyone!

It has been a great week here in the Philippines!  I have really loved getting to know the people here in Laoag.   We have a set of investigators that will be baptized next week, and that's fun.  There are 5 wards in Laoag, 10 districts I think, and 2 zones.  1 stake as well.  There are a lot of members here.  Just a lot of people actually.  I love it here though.  Me and my companion, Elder Roberto have been trying to focus on finding new investigators this week, just always finding new investigators, and it has been really fun to get to know a lot of new people.  Even if they don't always want to listen to us.  My companion is named Elder Roberto, and he is way cool.  He's really hard working so that is nice, and he is always trying to learn more.  He is from the south of the Philippines, and he is 18 years old, but will turn 19 in february.  I'm glad that we're companions!  The work is moving more here in Laoag than in Banna, but maybe that's just cause I have been more dedicated.  We have a ward, and meet in the stake center.  It has air conditioning so that's nice.  I really do love it here.  I was a little nervous about coming here, because I loved the country so much, but I have really gotten a testimony that this is where the Lord needs me right now, and life is pretty good.  I think that the biggest thing that has helped me is just focusing on the good parts of people.  I walk around all day and I could definitely find a million and a half things that I don't like about my area, but I have been really trying to find things that I love about the area, the people, the work, and I have found a ton!  Life goes a lot better when you are trying to focus on the good.  There are a lot of really cool people here in Laoag.  This week I just want to testify to the value of really getting to know everyone.  To really care about them and what their life is like, because if we really try and understand them, really feel where they are coming from, we cannot help but love them.  Our Heavenly Father knows each one of us perfectly, and that is why He loves us.  Because he understands us.  If we want to feel that same love, we must truly try and understand those around us.  Thats all I want to share this week, becuase I think that that might be one of the most important lessons that we can learn here on this earth.  Its a lesson that I try and learn a little better everyday.  I love you all, and have a great week!

Elder Childs

No comments:

Post a Comment