Sunday, March 13, 2016

March 13

Hello World!

Its been another good week!  I just want to start out by saying that Heavenly Father blesses us when we focus on Him.

At the start of the week we went to the computer shop to email, and I left my flashdrive there.  The one that has all of my pictures and music and basically everything.  I didn't realize it until after the computer shop was closed, but the next morning we went back to the computer shop, but it wasn't there.  I was super depressed, but decided that I just needed to focus on serving others, not worrying about myself, so we went out proselyting.

We went to Barit, which is the farthest part of our area, and went to talk to our investigators.  It had been a while since we had seen one of our investigators, but we saw him and got to talk with and teach him, and that was super great, but then after that, we were walking on a little bamboo bridge over a river, and my camera decided to fall out of my bag right there, and into the water.  Super depressing right?  I went from lots of pictures, to none in 24 hours.  I wasn't quite sure what to do.  But I tried to keep doing what I should, and not blame the Lord.  I don't know how many times I said to myself, "The Lord tries his people.  The blessings are better at the end"  It was a lot.  But around lunch time our zone leaders texted and said that they had found the drive.  I was super grateful for that.  I knew that it was a blessing from the Lord.  And to be honest, I thought that it would stop there.  But it didn't!

A couple of days later we went back to Barit, and when we went back to the house by the bridge, we talked a little bit with the lady there, an then she said, oh wait just a second!  and went inside, she went inside, and when she came back out, she had my Camera!  They had found it on the bottom of the river when they were swimming, and saved it for me.  The camera was super dead, but when we tried the SD card later that evening, it worked just fine!  I got every single one of my pictures back, and I am grateful for that.  The Lord truly does restore to us the the things that we need. 

Other than that its been a good week!  I learned some really cool things from the Lord.  I know that he loves each and every one of us, and when we have trials, we need to remember that it is for our good, and that if we endure it well, we will be given blessings.  More blessings than we can imagine.  That is the Lord's promise to each and every one of us.

Elder Childs

No comments:

Post a Comment