Monday, March 21, 2016

March 20

Hello again!

I have had another good week here in the Philippines!  We were able to contact a lot of our investigators, and have seen some real improvement in many of them.  One of them is named Reynier.  We taught him twice a long time ago, and then we never could find a time that worked with him.  He was never around.  But on sunday we got to go back to him and visit with him.  We ended up teaching him about Joseph Smith because he had a lot of questions about Joseph.  Reynier was super willing to accept everything that we said this time, and he really wanted to learn for himself that Joseph was and is a Prophet.  He has been reading in the Book of Mormon, but hadn't yet prayed about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon, so we challenged him to do that.  We also found out that his sister has been reading in the Book of Mormon as well, and I don't know if she was reading from the front straight through, but she had a marker in half way through the Book of Mormon!  I am excited to meet Reyniers sister as well and help them come closer to our Heavenly Father!  They are definitely scattered Israel, and ready for the Gospel.  

This week I have also learned a lot about obedience.  It is called the first law of heaven for a reason, and I know it is one of the most important things for us.  But sometimes it takes a lot of faith right!  How do we find the faith to do the right thing, even when it is hard.  Well that puts us into a little paradox!  You do the right thing!  I have a firm testimony that the best way to gain a testimony about the laws of God is to follow them.  If we follow the little rules every day of our lives, we can be like Abraham, who when he was asked a hard thing of the Lord, simply went and did as the Lord commanded, without question or complaint.  (Genesis 22)  It is my prayer that I can obtain that level of obedience, and that I can see my family and friends achieve it as well.  I love you all, and i know that God is watching out for each and every one of you.  I know that he wants to help you succeed in your life.  All we need to do is trust His will above our own.  

Elder Childs

No comments:

Post a Comment