Monday, April 11, 2016

April 11

Hello!

I got to watch General Conference this week, and it was great!!!  I love getting to hear the words of the prophets.  They are so inspired and I testify that President Monson, along with the other members of the First Presidency and Quorum of the 12 Apostles are called of God.  One theme that stood out to me is that we are all children of our Heavenly Father, and we all have incredible potential.  I would like to add my testimony to that.

I have seen here in my mission that no matter what people look like on the outside, when you really get to know them, really start to understand their life, you cannon help but loving them.  Why is that?  That is because when you really meet the core of a person, you are meeting a God in its infancy.  Every person on this earth has potential to become like God.  Everyone has that seed of God hood in them, and if they carefully nurture it, we will become like God in the next life.  

Whenever we feel alone, we can turn to the ultimate Father.  The one who loves and understands us more that we understand, more than we can understand in this life.  We can go and receive peace from His presence, and we can receive guidance from His Holy Spirit.  I testify that each and every one of us is a child of God, and will be helped in our times of need.

But that means that if everyone does have that spark of Godliness within them, we ought to treat them like it.  We cannot treat others unkindly, because we do not understand what they can become.  But if we do treat them kindly, we can be part of their path do Godhood.  If we take the time to follow the promptings of the Holy Spirit, and help those around us, we will see those around us grow, and we will see our love for them grow.  And the best part is, through that service, we will see our own spark of Godliness becoming bright.  We will see a difference in our lives, as we look for that spark in every person.  No matter what they look like, no matter what they are doing.  On the inside, we are all the same.  We are all just waiting to become like our Heavenly Father.

I know that that is true,  I know its kind of jumbled, but those are some of my thoughts from conference. 

But I just want to share about one cool person that I got to meet this week.

We found a lady that was super nice and really ready for the Gospel!  Her name is Crisensiya, and when we first went to her house she just said, "oh I'm born again christian."  But we told her that that was ok, and that we just wanted to share our message with her.  That it was different, and would help her life.  So she let us in.  We shared the message of the restoration with her and at the end, she opened up with her about her son, and that she was having troubles with him.  He had gotten into a fist fight and because of that was in trouble with the Barangay officials (its the government.  Like the neighborhood government.) and every time they had tried to talk to the Barangay Chair he refused to talk to him.  But we told her that if she prayed to our Heavenly Father and asked Him for help, and then read in the Book of Mormon, He would answer her prayer.  She said she was going to do it!  We will hopefully get to go back to them later this week!

Other than that it was just another week in the mission!  Time goes super fast!  This transfer is almost over, and I'll be sad if I have to leave.  But God has a plan for all of us right?  

I love you all, thanks for all your prayers!

Elder Childs

No comments:

Post a Comment